Brute Force Attack aims at being the simplest kind of method to gain access to a site: it tries usernames and passwords, over and over again, until it gets in. This plugin limit rate of login attempts and block ip temporarily. It is detecting bots by captcha verification.
Automatic Plugin Installation (Limit Login Attempts Plugin) :-
To add WP Limit Login Attempts Plugin using the built-in plugin installer:
- Go to your WordPress admin (WP-admin)
- Then go to Plugins > Add New.
- Type “WP Limit Login Attempts” in Search Plugins box .
- Then press install button.
- Go to
Settings > WP Limit Login. (Pro version)
Manual Plugin Installation
- Download “WP Limit Login Attempts Plugin” to your desktop.
- If downloaded as a zip archive, extract the Plugin folder to your desktop.
- With your FTP program, upload the Plugin folder to the wp-content/plugins folder in your WordPress directory online.
- Go to Plugins screen and find the newly uploaded Plugin in the list.
- Click Activate to activate it.
Captcha image is not working, How to solve it ?
Just make captcha.php file accessible in .htaccess file located in root or wp-contet or plugin folder then try.
- Captcha Verification
- Limit the number of login attempts and block ip temporarily
- Light weight plugin
- Mechanism for slow down brute force attack
- Redirect to home page, when abnormal request (It will stop hacking tools)
Brute Force Attack Protection